Friday, March 19, 2021

Belated Valentines Day

 

Another post with some good news and some bad news. The good news is that some of my valentines doodads made it in the mail but unfortunately the bad news outweighs the good. I thought I had mailed them out in time but the weather didn’t cooperate and I forgot that the postal service was closed on  Presidents day  so some of them were late anyway. And as you can already guess..I am really late at getting this posted to my blog! 


Sorry about the poor lighting and the bad shaded areas in the phote. For some reason I cant seem to figure out the best place and way to photograph these so I finally just gave up and went with the best one I could take at the time.


I found the pattern for the little rose on pintrest. It has been posted by lots of people so I am not really sure whose original pattern it is. I had tried to work this pattern when I found a picture of it but didn’t have the directions so It didn’t go so well. Somewhere along the line I found someone else had posted a better detailed picture with numbers as to which section to work next and it is super easy to do.For what its worth this is the pattern I used.  I used a thread called French rose by South Maid. This thead was not fun to work with as the plies tend to split but I had already had my shuttles wound and it is a pretty pink so I just kept using it.

 

The little beaded doodad actually took longer to make than the tatting did yet I still ended up making  18 of these. Unfortunately I was also still in the process of trying to get gifts (Christmas or otherwise ) sent out at the same time so when it came time to get them in the mail only 9 of them ended up getting sent out. And yes, yet again they were late! I am not sure why I was so brain damaged and couldn’t remember who else to send these to. I guess a big part is that they were late getting to the mail, so I just didn’t bother to send more out. Also, it is very rare that I hear from people who receive my holiday doodads so I am quite unsure if anyone actually enjoys them! But since at least some people said they enjoy them, and I would go crazy if I couldn’t bead or tat I will continue to keep making them even though it is getting harder and harder to come up with ideas.

 

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy the words in your cards! Wow, the beadwork is so fine and hope it is all appreciated. But as long as you enjoy making, that's what matters most. 💕

    ReplyDelete