Monday, September 24, 2018



I realized a couple of months ago that it had been a really long time since I had posted anything  at that time I also discovered that the 25 motif challenge was no longer going to be continued. I was super disappointed that I had let my blog laps and that I didn’t even realize that the 25 motif challenge had decided that not enough people were interested in having it continue. Believe it or not it was the 25 motif challenge that inspired me to start a blog in the first place and it has been one of the big motivators to continue. When I found out that I totally missed the opportunity to tell Sharon the blogger who runs the challenge how very much her blog meant to me I was super bummed. Then I realized the reason why I missed it was because I was so busy with everyday life that I let my own blog go by the way-side so I truly have no idea how she found the time to run such an amazing blog and I will always be grateful to her for her hard work and for inspiring so many tatters and bloggers in so many ways.
I kind of lost interest to keep posting anything  because I kind of felt like there wasn’t much use to keep doing it because she was really the only person who probably  read it anyway. But I have really come to realize how much I have missed not blogging and how much I actually look back to my own blog to remember what my past projects were or to come up with what pattern I used to make a doily. I recently ran across a doily I had almost completed but for some reason I was 4 motifs away from finishing it so I looked back to my blog to find exactly what doily it was and where to find the pattern.   I have decided to try to go back and post a couple of my last projects before I cant remember them at all.  I doubt very much that I will remember much about each project but I am going to do my best.

7 comments:

  1. Yes, a blog is a good personal record. It can also be a good way to connect with others with similar interests. Sharon did a marvelous job on the challenge, hats off to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back! Now lets's see some tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back :-) I miss Sharon's round-up, too, even though I follow most of the blogs (which I reached through her). I agree with Jane's perspective.
    Hope you remain active :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much! I have poured through your blog tons but I am usually just a voyeur to blogs...to shy to post much! Hugs

      Delete
  4. You'dbe surprised by how many people read blogs but never comment. Glad you are starting it up again

    ReplyDelete