Well we actually had an ok weekend, it was another busy one as well. We worked a show at a local casino on Friday from 2:00pm till 2:00am doing sound for an 80s pop cover band. They were really pretty good, monster players and they did the songs well. Its always a funner work night if the band doesn't suck. Saturday we drove a few hours away to be able to see our nephew play basketball in a big tournament. Didn't get a ton of time to spend with the family but it was great to see them twice in less than a month. I did learn on this trip that it is quite difficult to count tatting stitches if the road is bumpy and rough. Most of the ride was very bumpy so I didn't get any tatting done. I had made up my mind to go ahead and do the next row in green and had hoped to try to get some tatting in. I had already started on the row and it was beating me up.
Turns out this row pretty much beat me up the whole way around. I could not seem to figure out how to do the clovers. With each clover I tried to get it done in a different way hoping I would stumble across a way to make it look ok. With each clover I kept thinking I may just have to cut that row off. At one point I jointed a ring in the wrong spot and ended up breaking a thread trying to loosen it. I have major problems with undoing rings. I almost always break a thread. I am not sure what the problem is and what I am doing wrong but it is super frustrating. This one was doubly frustrating because I was super close to being out of thread on my shuttle and I was within 3 rings of being completely done with the row. Of course the thread that I broke was not the one that was out of thread. At this point I just decided to go ahead and finish off the row because judging from previous experience I know that if you cut motifs off picots the picots are stretched and look a bit funny.
After this row I am not super happy with this doily. I never did find a good way to do the clovers. I have taken a peek at the next row and I am quite concerned that this row is going to be a bit challenging as well. It looks like I am going to have to concentrate on making the right joins and the right chains in the right place. I am just going to have to jump in and try it because this row requires something to attach the clover to to make it lay correctly. Wish me luck!!